We were meant to be planning our business strategy this week, but instead we began ranting about the lack of financial education in school. This seemed like the perfect reason to have another look at a previous episode we did – 4 years ago!
We were inspired by this Daily Telegraph article by Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, and talked about some of his ideas while adding our own.
The lessons were:
- Your time has a value (Episode 63)
- Don’t borrow money to buy a liability or a depreciating asset
- Debt isn’t a dirty word (Episode 18)
- Inflation will make you poor…or rich (Episode 24)
- A pension isn’t just for thinking about when you get old
- Financial success doesn’t mean owning your own home
- You don’t need a job to earn money
- Understand compound interest (play with a compound interest calculator here)
We believe these lessons are vital and we should all be aware of them. If you already know this and are living by them, then pass this episode along to someone you know who could benefit.
Also don’t’ forget thepropertyhub.net is a great place to learn more and continue the conversation with other hubbers just like yourself.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION OVER IN THE FORUM
Will this be something that affects you? Join the conversation in the forum.
IF YOU ENJOYED THE PROPERTY PODCAST, PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.