Buying property within a limited company is becoming increasingly popular – but when it comes to obtaining mortgages for companies, there are some extra considerations you need to know about.
This week, with the help of our friend Dave Cookson from TC Financial Services, we’re running through the important details you need to be aware of. Including:
- The kind of range and selection you can expect to choose from
- How to set your company up correctly
- The documents you should have to hand before you start
- The personal requirements for company directors that lenders will want to see
- How to handle the tricky issue of multiple lenders against the same company
- Why this type of lending is particularly attractive for contractors and business owners
- What Dave thinks lies ahead for the sector
- TPP125: Should you create a limited company for your property portfolio?
- TPP124: Post-budget survival tactics for property investors
- Free video course: Should you use a limited company to invest in property?
Resource of the week
If you ever need to visualise a process, a flowchart or a mindmap, draw.io is a great free tool to use. Rob B recommends it for fans of Lucidchart, who are now seriously restricting their free plan (the cheek!)
News this week
It won’t have escaped your attention that the Bank of England have cut the base rate to 0.25%, as reported by the Economist – as well as announcing a new round of quantitative easing.
If you’ve got tracker mortgages, enjoy the lower payments! As for the longer-term consequences…we’ll be getting into that next week.
Join the conversation
Have you learnt anything from a company mortgage application that other listeners might find useful?
Was it easier or more difficult than you expected?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.