If you’re a Property Podcast listener you’re already a winner, but in this episode we discuss how to cultivate a winning mindset to push yourself to even greater levels of success.
In property as with anything else, what separates the high-achievers from the rest generally isn’t technical ability or knowledge – it’s having the attitude to spot and capitalise on opportunities, and overcome the inevitable challenges.
We get into:
- What we can learn from top athletes and business people
- How to turn yourself into a happy and positive person
- The importance of self-awareness
- Why we go to ridiculous lengths to avoid negative influences
- Tweaks you can make to your communication to influence your worldview
- The woo-woo bit: why we both have a gratitude practice
Along the way we mention:
- Rob B’s favourite meditation app
- Coach.me – the tool Rob D uses to track daily habits
- A Chrome plugin for blocking websites
- A classic mindset book, The Magic Of Thinking Big
Resource of the week
Not something you can use right now (unless you live in New York City), but the Vigilante app (or “Uber for crime”) is cool enough to be worth checking out anyway. The future is here…
News this week
We do love a good interactive map! This one maps rental yields across the UK and rounds up the ten best and worst performers in terms of bang for buck.
There’s more to a good investment than just yield, but it’s an interesting use of five minutes all the same…
It’s meetup day!
Yes, the first Thursday of the month can only mean one thing: it’s meetup time!
They’re happening tonight across the UK and beyond, so don’t miss out: it’s free, you won’t be sold to, and you’ll meet a whole bunch of nice people who are as excited about property as you are.
Join the conversation
Do you buy into the importance of mindset, or do you think we’ve just gone a bit hippy on you?
Are there any books, videos or resources you’ve found helpful for cultivating a winning mindset?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.